Saturday, June 16, 2012

En Pointe

sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ballet is a dance every little girl loves because you get to be dressed in frilly, pink tutus and dainty shoes. That's how I felt anyway. I had a specific outfit I would wear to my dance classes: pink leotard with rihnstones and tutu, a plastic white and pink shell necklace, and finally my tights and ballet shoes.


The shoes are what inspired this post. As soon as I saw these while browsing Urban Outfitters, they went to the top of my "to buy" list. I love the idea of incorporating ballet inspired pieces into an everyday outfit, such as these ballet flats or a tutu.

source: 1

3 comments:

  1. i want to be a ballet dancer my whole life, but i´m so tall and i think i couldn´t handle it)) but i love that skirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the nordstrom top. ooh, there's an australian tv show called dance academy that you should totally check out then. it features ballet and great outfit inspiration for dancers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i did dance teams as a child ballet was always my favorite! i wish i hadn't stopped :P this is such a great post!

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete